4.17.2012

Taste Test Tuesday - Chicken Stuffed Shells

Chicken Stuffed Shells
Source: modified from

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chicken, cooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 box jumbo shell noodles
1/2 can of artichokes, chopped
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (we choose Tomato and Basil Prego)
8 oz. cream cheese

Preheat your oven to 350.  Mix the cream cheese with the ground chicken and add seasonings as you desire.  I added a little garlic powder and seasoning salt.  I also chose to mix in some chopped artichokes and half of my shredded mozzarella cheese.  These weren't in the original recipe I found but I thought they would pair well with the chicken and cream cheese.

In a large pot cook the jumbo noodles according to their package instructions.  Once shells are cooked and cooled, fill with the chicken cream cheese mixture.  Place these in a 9x13 baking dish.  Cover the noodles with your spaghetti sauce and then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.  Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

This is what happens when I have no meal planned and I simply look in the cupboards and freezer for ingredients I have.  I then searched online for recipes using those ingredients and modify as necessary.  I would say this was a good pasta dish, very creamy, very NOT healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment