5.15.2012

Taste Test Tuesday - Pesto Chicken Paninis

Pesto Chicken Paninis
Source: me!
Ingredients:
4 oz. chicken breast - one per sandwich
Bread - 2 slices per sandwich, any bread will do really, I chose a hearty italian
Pesto sauce
Fresh mozzarella


I used our George Foreman grill to make these paninis and I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever used that little machine, and we've had it for about 5 years!  It has now turned into my panini grill!  Cook your chicken on the grill until done, when there is no more pink inside.  Place the cooked chicken in a bowl, covering it with the pesto sauce.  I just chose to buy the dry pesto sauce that you mix with water and olive oil.  It is so simple!  Let the chicken marinate in the pesto sauce for about 5 minutes.  Now build your panini.  Butter one side of each piece of bread.  Place one slice, butter down on the grill.  Layer on a piece of pesto chicken and a few slices of the fresh mozzarella.  Top with the second piece of bread, butter up this time.  Close the grill and cook.  I just kept checking to see when the bread looked about done and the cheese was starting to melt.  It's kind of like making a grilled cheese sandwich.

The results on this panini.....DELICIOUS!  I wasn't so sure if Adam would care for the pesto sauce but he said these were really good too.  This is definitely going to be a regular meal in our house.  I can't wait to try out some other panini ideas I have as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment