7.09.2012

Where did June go?

June was such a busy month that I didn't get much updated on here at all!  So here is a recap of June.

June started off with our first Brewers game of the summer.  Actually with how busy our summer is looking to be this might be our only one.  We went with our good friends Heidi and Phil and had awesome seats!  It was so fun and relaxing even though it was pretty hot and they lost.





I spent an afternoon with my friend Nikki at the Evensong Spa in Green Lake.  This was my first ever spa day and it was beyond relaxing.  I got a massage and then they have a sauna and hot tub you can use while you are there too.  The grandparents were gracious (like we really have to ask them) enough to watch the babies for us and we then met up with the guys for dinner on Green Lake.

We had a date night out with two other couples that we are friends with in Oshkosh.  We cooked ribs and had some cold drinks and then headed down to Waterfest.  We went to see Foxy Shazam.  The weather was perfect, drinks hit the spot, music was awesome, and the company was even better. 



In the middle of the month I sold at the Appleton Farmer's Market with my friend Katie. We both have a passion for hand made items so we together have a booth selling all kinds of things, from appliqued and hand dyed onesies to wall decals to magnets.  It is so much fun to get outside and see the other booths and all the delicious home grown veggies and fruits.  You can find us there the third Saturday of each month so watch for next on July 21st, our booth name is Bernard Couture.

We always go to the Ripon Breakfast on the Farm for Father's Day.  This year we met up with my family there and enjoyed the food, ice cream, and hay ride around the vegetable fields.  Aubrey's favorite part of the day was the ice cream!  She is just like her daddy!

The weather this year was finally NOT raining for Country USA!  It was however extremely dry and hot!  I guess I'd rather have that than be cold and wet and have to walk through ankle deep mud like last year.  While I was there with my mom I saw Thompson Square, The Band Perry, Sugarland, and Brad Paisley.


We made our first trip to the beach to go swimming.  We went to Country Park in Green Lake with the Moniz's.  Aubrey didn't know what to think of the sand at first, while Jack dug right in with the toys.  They both absolutely loved going in the water.  There will definitely be more trips to the beach this summer and we can't wait to all go camping in August.




The last week in June was a hard one for both me and Adam.  I had to go away for work, to Detroit and Miami.  No this wasn't a glamorous lay on the beach type trip, I was in a dark room for about 11-12 hours each day listening to people talk.  The one night we did go out to eat I tried ceviche for the first time and it was pretty good....probably not something I would have ever tried on my own.


While I was gone Adam and Aubrey got to do lots of bonding together and we skyped a few times.  I got a kiss through the phone from Aubrey but then she was off and was too busy playing.  Toward the end of the week Adam got sick so a big thanks to his parents for coming over to help him out!

Wow...so there it is, a very very busy June!  Hopefully I will be able to keep up better this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment