Cheddar Biscuits (Like Red Lobsters)
Makes: 7 large bisquits
2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk
2 tbs butter
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the biscuit mix, cheese, and garlic powder. Stir well.
3. Add milk and stir. The mix should be thick but not sticky.
4. Place clumps on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. While baking, melt the butter in a small bowl and add the oregano and garlic salt.
6. Using a pastry brush, brush on butter mixture.
7. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
This recipe originally called for 2 tsp of oregano and it was just too much seasoning! So I suggest just 1 tsp as listed. They didn't taste quite as yummy as the original Red Lobster cheddar biscuits but these are pretty good!