3.20.2012

Taste Test Tuesday - Butterfinger Blondies

While I have been somewhat decent at updating this on our lives and mostly Aubrey, I have not been so good on posting recipes I have tried out.  So I'm introducing Taste Test Tuesdays!  Every Tuesday I will try my hardest to post a new recipe within the week that I have tried.  And I will give a little review on it as well.  So here goes.

Butterfinger Blondies
source: Six Sisters' Stuff

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coarse sea salt
2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 16 “Fun Size” bars) 

Preheat oven to 350°
Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl.  Add the vanilla and eggs and mix.  On low add your dry ingredients until just combined.  Stir in your chopped Butterfinger.  Spread in a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until center is just set.  Remove from oven and cool completely.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
1/2 cup room temp butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 4 “Fun Size” bars)
Cream the butter and shortening together until smooth.  Add in you powdered sugar on low speed. Turn speed up to medium and mix until smooth and spread on your cooled blondies.  Sprinkle the chopped Butterfinger on top of the frosting.
Adam is a huge fan of butterfinger candy bars so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.  I made it for a cookout we had with friends and I think just about everyone agreed....these blondies are heavenly!  We all tried to not think about the amount of calories in each bar as we chowed down.  My favorite candy bar is Heath and I think this recipe would be awesome with those.  Definitely going to put that on the recipe to do list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment